May 15, 2016

Thanks in cork

Today I'm sharing a card with no stamping, only diecuts, using cork for the sentiment.



I began with a piece of diecut patterned paper, layered onto a pink mat and onto my card front.  I diecut the sentiment twice, out of cork and pink cardstock and slightly offset one on top of the other.  A few pink flowers were added and black gem centers.  These were mounted on top of a white fishtailed flag piece and onto the card.  I do love the pop of pink with all the neutrals (white, kraft and black).

My tip today - Try cork for instant texture.  You can find cork sheets, cork ribbon, cork with adhesive backing, cork dots for embellishing, etc.

Supplies used include:
Paper (Recollections adhesive backed cork sheet, unknown patterned paper)
Dies (My Favorite Things Fishtail Flags, Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles, Painted Thanks and Mini Flowers & Leaves)
Other (BBP Blackbird Gems)

No comments:

Post a Comment