Aug 17, 2018

A Dress Die? No Way!

Many online papercraft supply companies will sometimes send a "freebie" along with your order.  Sometimes this is something cool and useful, sometimes not so much.  My friend Jan recently received this dress die as a "freebie".


We got a real chuckle because it seemed like such a strange die.  We just couldn't imagine that many people felt the need to purchase this - maybe that's why it was a "freebie".  But I do love a good challenge when it comes to card making, so I thought I'd try to use it in non-conventional ways.  I was able to make two cards.

For this first card I cut several "dresses" from two different yellow colored cardstock, inked the edges just a bit with distress inks and combined with some leaves and a brown scribble diecut to create a big flower.





For my second card I diecut the dress from both black and a multi colored glittery cardstock, layered together and tied with black twine around the middle to create a couple of butterflies.





For both cards I layered my "faux-dress" elements over patterned paper and added a hello diecut from Impression Obsessions.  Maybe they're not my favorite cards ever, but I DID meet the challenge to use this die in a very different way.

Thanks so much for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment