Jul 12, 2017

Stained Glass Butterfly

Rarely do I make a card that I would like to keep for myself.  But, today's card is one of those.  I just love the way it came out.  It has no stamping, only diecutting and coloring - lots and lots of coloring.




I first cut the die (borrowed from a friend) from black cardstock, then used the same die to impress the design onto watercolor paper.  I used that impression to guide me in my coloring.  It was a bit tricky to make sure my colors didn't overlap into other areas.  After finishing coloring I glued the black diecut on top, then layered onto a yellow mat and red card.  I do love the intensity of the colors.  Thanks so much Jan for letting me use your die.

Supplies used include:
Dies - Creative Expressions Butterfly Stained Glass, Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles, Avery Elle Sweet Scallops
Coloring - Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment