Sep 29, 2017

Gilding Flakes, One More Time

A while ago I made several cards using gilding flakes.  Today I have one more card to share, and this one might be my new favorite.




I cut the Simon Says Stamp Kindness Matters die from a piece of cardstock covered in gilding flakes and a piece of bright blue cardstock, and then inlaid the letters.  My friend Jan covered a piece of cardstock with a stick-it adhesive sheet and then applied the gilding flakes.  It was a nice surprise to get two sheets of this gilded cardstock in the mail. Thank you Jan!  They're so pretty.  I really like the way they added that "something special" to this card. It is so hard to capture in a photo how pretty they are, but you can see the shine a little better in this next photo.




I "hung" the gilded piece with some silver twine, added one matching enamel dot, and used foam squares to mount this on a piece of wood-grain paper.  I think the stitched edging on the mat really adds a lot of detail yet keeps the card clean and simple.  This was a perfect card to send to someone who was recently very, very kind to me.

Thanks so much for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment