Aug 12, 2017

Gilding Flakes, Take Two

I have one more card to share using gilding flakes.  Of the three cards I made this one is my favorite, by far!  I just love the way it came out.  It's simple and elegant.  Yet it has so much shine.  It's masculine, but it could be used for anyone.  And it would be perfect as a Christmas thank you.  It's really HOT out, so it's hard to think about Christmas.  But we all know it will be here before we know it.  Enough thinking about Christmas, here's my card.



I started by covering a piece of cardstock with evenly spaced diagonal stripes using scor-tape.  This was easy to do using the grid lines of my work mat as a guide.  It really didn't take long at all.  This was then covered with gilding flakes.  I found the flakes stuck to the tape so well and after burnishing with a piece of a swiffer cloth it was super shiny.  That step is so important.  Until you burnish the gilding it looks ok.  But after the burnishing it looks amazing!  You can see all that shine better in this photo.



This background was SO beautiful I didn't want to cover it up.  I added a thanks diecut (Papertrey Ink) on top and several layers of mats (Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles and Avery Elle Sweet Scallops Die).  I think the gold and very dark green (Simon Says Stamp Midnight Green) look beautiful with the gilded background, but you could easily use red and silver or even a dark blue or purple.

The Cosmic Shimmer Persian Dawn Gilding Flakes are so versatile and fun.  Because they are so multi colored they pair well with just about anything. And I can't believe I am saying this, but the mess is definitely worth it for all that amazing shine.

Thanks so much for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment