Aug 20, 2017

Purple Onion Pot-a-Flower

Today I have two very bright and cheery cards using a stamp set by Purple Onion called Pot-a-Flower.

For both cards I stamped the flowers, colored with Zigs and fussy cut the images, then layered them on some older Basic Grey patterned paper (Lauderdale Grass Stain).

For my first card I used both sides of the paper inlaying one into the other.  It's hard to see but the inner rectangle was cut using a Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle by My Favorite Things.  I thought that those little triangle cuts mirrored the triangles in the patterned paper.  Unfortunately they are so hard to see I'm the only one who will know they're there.  It's a little detail, but for me the little details matter.



For the second card I used a Simon Says Stamp Thanks Scallop Border Die and layered over a piece of light blue paper so that tiny bits of blue peaked out of the dots.  I had cut the blue piece at 4 by 5.25 inches so that there would be a light blue mat all around.  Unfortunately I glued my pieces down crooked and tried to trim it even  - a little on each side.  What happened was I made it more and more crooked so I just trimmed all the blue off and added a light grey mat.



I also added wink of stella to the flowers on both cards.  I think these flower images would be pretty to color in oranges and browns and layer over some fall print paper.

Thanks for stopping by today.


No comments:

Post a Comment