Aug 9, 2017

One More Sunflower

I have one more sunflower card to share today.  Are you tired of seeing sunflower cards yet?

I really love to see how many different ways I can use the same stamp.  Because this stamp is fairly large it's a little more challenging to come up with different ways to use it.

A couple weeks ago I shared a card where the sunflower was stamped on different solid color papers and then paper pieced.  Also a card where the sunflower was colored with Zigs and layered over a bold patterned paper.

Today I stamped the sunflower in black on light kraft colored cardstock.
I added a thin black mat and a strip of vellum.  I usually like to use Bazzill vellum because it is a heavier quality vellum and is very white.  That is usually a good thing. But in this case when I put it next to the kraft cardstock it looked too harsh, so I used cheap vellum from Michaels - yes a bit more "yellowed" looking but worked well here.  I also added several coats of Wink of Stella to the sunflower.  So shimmery - but hard to photograph.  You can see a little better in this close up picture.



I used a really pretty Cornflower Simon Says Stamp cardstock for both a stitched rectangle and the card itself.

I do love the way this card came out, but hopefully it is the last sunflower card for awhile.  Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment