Feb 8, 2016

Make a Wish

Make a Wish - Today I'm sharing a card made for my son, who had a birthday recently.  I wish I could make all his wishes come true.  I chose this particular image for my son as he recently lost his pet parrot - he's always had a real connection with birds - and this bird has been with him for most of his adult life.  I wanted a reminder for him of how special his "Rocky" was to the whole family.




To make today's card I simply stamped and colored the image, layered onto some die cut patterned paper and added the die cut sentiment stacked 4 high for dimension.  A bit of wink of stella added that sparkle (hard to photograph) to the flame.

My tip today - Try to "personalize" your cards, it makes them all that more meaningful.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Supplies used include:
Paper (Canson Watercolor Paper, My Favorite Things Homespun Gingham 6x6)
Stamps (Stampendous House Mouse Cling Birthday Bird)
Ink (Hero Arts Black Dye Ink)
Dies (Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles, My Favorite Things Brushstroke Birthday Greetings)
Coloring (Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers)
Other (Zig Wink of Stella)

No comments:

Post a Comment