May 5, 2016

remembering nana, with flowers

Today I'm sharing a card made to remember "nana" (my mother-in-law), one of  the kindest persons I've known.  Flowers will always remind me of her.  Every year for our birthdays she would always give us each a small check.  I would put mine aside and throughout the year I would buy myself fresh flowers (because I LOVE flowers) - just an inexpensive bouquet from the grocery. And I would always tell her "thank you nana".  My husband would joke when he saw the flowers "are those thank you nana flowers?"  I would think of her throughout the year and she would also know throughout the year that her gift made me happy.  With her passing I still find myself occasionally buying flowers and saying to myself "thank you nana".  So today's card is to remember her.  It's been a year, and she is greatly missed.



I folded a scalloped edge circle die to form a flower cone, tied with a ribbon scrap and mounted onto a piece of die cut patterned paper.  The flowers were saved and dried from nana's service. 

Thanks for visiting!

Supplies used include:
Paper (patterned paper from Chickaniddy crafts)
Dies (Sizzix scalloped edge circles, Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles)
Other (multi-medium matte to attach the flowers)

No comments:

Post a Comment