May 4, 2016

Two Love Birds

Today I'm sharing an anniversary card made using a borrowed stamp (thanks Jan!) called "Two Love Birds".



I stamped the image onto watercolor paper and colored with Zigs.  I also stamped the image onto several different scraps of patterned paper and fussy cut the rose, leaves, birds and wings.  All pieces were colored with a black marker to hide imperfections in the fussy cutting.  These were then paper pieced onto the watercolored piece.  Since this image was longer than would fit onto a standard A2 card front, I needed to make my card longer and narrower also, resulting in a card 3 3/4 by 7 3/4 inches.  Using both a rectangle and scalloped border die I partially cut the watercolored piece from each end resulting in a piece that was long and narrow.  This was then layered onto a patterned paper rectangle and then the card front. I added a bit of Wink of Stella to the rose and small hearts for shimmer and some red Stickles to the dots of the large heart.  Finished!

My tip today - Using the partial die cutting technique you can create pieces to fit custom size cards.

Thanks so much for visiting!

Supplies used include:
Paper (Canson Watercolor paper, unknown patterned paper)
Stamps (Woodware Two Love Birds)
Ink (Hero Arts Black Dye Ink)
Dies (Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle, Lawn Fawn Scalloped Borders)
Coloring (Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers)
Other  (Wink of Stella, Ranger Stickles)

No comments:

Post a Comment