Oct 4, 2017

Distress Ink Lifting

Today I have two cards that were started a very long time ago but just recently finished off.  They use a technique that Jennifer McGuire featured in a video back in February 2016 that she called "Distress Ink Lifting".







I made the flower panels right after watching the video but just never got around to creating cards with them.  Basically you stamp and emboss an outline image, then cover the entire piece with lots and lots of distress ink, and drop in water which lightens up the ink.  I think the trick is to really saturate the paper with the ink.  I then added wink of stella to the flowers for shimmer.  Both cards use the same stamp, the same technique, and a thanks sentiment but they each have a different look.  I do think I like the yellow flowers a little better.

The thanks dies are from Simon Says Stamp Script Thanks and Impression Obsession Line Thanks So Much.

Thanks so much for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment