Oct 20, 2017

Imperfect Puffins

Today I have a card to share that I really do like, even though it is not perfect.  I made a "little" mistake at the very end of my card making.




I stamped the puffins onto watercolor paper and onto a piece of masking paper.  I also cut a curved mask to create the rock the puffins are sitting on.  I sponged on Distress Oxide Inks in Iced Spruce (for the rock) and Broken China and Faded Jeans (for the sky) using an ink blending tool.  After removing the masks I used Zigs to color the puffin beaks and feet.  Then I decided to spray my piece with Tsukineko Shimmer Mist to get some sparkle.  Jennifer McGuire does this ALL the time - and we all know how amazing her cards are.  It does sparkle a lot - you can see it a little below.



And this is when my mistake happened.  I REALLY don't like glittery messes.  I thought I'd just take my card outside and spray it so I wouldn't have a shimmery mess all over my craft room.  A word of advice - don't do this when it's windy out!  You will chase your cards around your neighborhood - and your nice little droplets that you wanted to look like stars will now be smeared little things.  I had already spent so much time making these cards (I made two, for both my kids who had recently seen puffins on trips to Iceland) so I just decided to call them shooting stars.  Other than my "mistake" I really did like the way this turned out.  And really, who will ever know that I didn't intend it to look this way.

Supplies used include Avery Elle Love Puffins Stamp Set.

No comments:

Post a Comment