Jan 24, 2018

End of the Rainbow

Today I have a card made using the End of the Rainbow Die Set from My Favorite Things.  This was one of the new dies I bought while visiting the My Favorite Things Stamps boutique store last weekend (which was very fun, by the way).




Because I make so many cards to raise money for Pug Rescue of Florida I thought this die set would be perfect.  The phrase "they crossed the rainbow bridge" is what many people use when their pets die.  Apparently it originated in a couple of poems that were written in the 80's to describe that place that pets went when they died to await their owners.

To make my card I diecut the rainbow from 6 colors of paper, layered them onto a piece of light blue cardstock and cut with a stitched rectangle die.  This is layered onto a piece of vellum to help create that light and airy feel and onto a very light grey card.  I also diecut two of the clouds that come with this set.  On one I stamped the sentiment and tiny paw prints in black and mounted this over the second cloud using thin foam squares.  This adds just a little dimension but keeps it easy to mail.  I love the stitched detail on the clouds, rainbow, and the edge of the rectangle.  Several tiny sparkling clear sequins look like raindrops.

Supplies used include: My Favorite Things End of the Rainbow dies, Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle dies and Paw Prints on our Hearts stamps (for the sentiment), The Ton Dog Life (for the tiny pawprints), Paper from Bazzill (the rainbow) and My Favorite Things (Grout Grey and SnowCone) and Neenah Solar White, and sequins from Pretty Pink Posh

Thanks so much for visiting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment